Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot (/showthread.php?tid=11)

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - M60lad - 13/07/2012 21:41

Interesting working on 575/362 services today was 2560 one of the 3 Ikarus's that can normally be found on 360s, this tonight worked 18:40 362 Chorley-Wigan service then empty/dead back to depot.

Not to sure what's been done to this vehicle but its now quite warm and also has a decent turn of speed whereas previously its been quite sluggish

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Jack - 13/07/2012 22:48

(13/07/2012 19:51)Nicholas Wrote:  That will be the afternoon 982 from Cannon Slade, they've had it for a few years now.

Yeah it was the 982 now thinking back, thanks Nicholas! Do you know what was used on here before the deckers arrived then?

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Nicholas - 14/07/2012 07:33

Its a decker contract, First had it before Arriva gained it. I think the N-reg deckers were used on it at first.

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Jack - 14/07/2012 12:35

Ah right, with you saying they've had it a few years I didn't realise Bolton had had deckers for that long, years are flying by lately!

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Nicholas - 14/07/2012 15:45

31 July will be the 7th anniversary of the last day of Blue Bus operation before Arriva took over the following day!

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - T42 PVM - 14/07/2012 18:02

a bad day if you ask me, that blue bus network was great

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Bertiebus - 15/07/2012 08:31

(14/07/2012 18:02)bolton bus basher Wrote:  a bad day if you ask me, that blue bus network was great

Id rather work for them than the company I work for now! But then again Ribble were the best!

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Bertiebus - 15/07/2012 08:34

Have worked for Ribble, Stagecoach, Lancashire United(Blazefields) Blue Bus and now the company that I presently work for, and never changed my locker!!

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Metroline1511 - 15/07/2012 11:21

(14/07/2012 15:45)Nicholas Wrote:  31 July will be the 7th anniversary of the last day of Blue Bus operation before Arriva took over the following day!

I rode several ex-Blue Bus vehicles in 2009 which still had the blue spot moquette. I think a few did even when I last visited Bolton a year ago.

RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot - Damien - 19/07/2012 23:36

Before I post, and if any of the moderators are watching, I am not slagging any bus companies, just stating a few points.

I caught the last 510 Arriva Bolton home before

Bus was 2687, that route has had the same driver every night for months, Such a lovely lovely man, in fact they all are at Arriva Bolton, so friendly and polite.Old style Bus driving you might say. He said before that there was a lot of dissapointment that they had lost the route, and didn't really understand how it had come to this. Very much as though as drivers they had lost more work to that company with white buses, and they were not happy. Its going to mean that basically for the first time in a long time. No arriva buses will be in Bolton at night. So nighttimes will be dominated by First Bus and Maytree

Ps I know Arriva whythenshawe do some 22s but I am talking about Bolton specifically.