Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Go Goodwins - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Go Goodwins (/showthread.php?tid=1005)

RE: Go Goodwins - NorthernCounties - 01/06/2022 18:30

Little Gem WEZ9165 was involved in a nasty collision today with the rear of a stagecoach decker near cineworld in Ashton. Significant damage to the front door area of the little gem and quite bad damage to the rear of the decker around the side near the emergency exit

RE: Go Goodwins - M60lad - 02/06/2022 05:44

Not been a good week for Stagecoach Manchester this week as this is the 2nd vehicle (unless there's another one) that's been involved in an incident/RTC.

Good job that over that next couple of days there's plenty of slack in vehicle requirement due to Bank Holiday timetables being in effect meaning not as many vehicles will be needed.

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 02/06/2022 09:00

From the pictures it looks like the Little Gem driver hit the Stagecoach vehicle when attempting to drive around it.

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 02/06/2022 09:02

(02/06/2022 05:44)M60lad Wrote:  Not been a good week for Stagecoach Manchester this week as this is the 2nd vehicle (unless there's another one) that's been involved in an incident/RTC.

Good job that over that next couple of days there's plenty of slack in vehicle requirement due to Bank Holiday timetables being in effect meaning not as many vehicles will be needed.

They have over 70 vehicles in reserve from the last re-write so won’t be an issue for stagecoach.

RE: Go Goodwins - dounowhoiam - 02/06/2022 15:08

Do Go Goodwins still have the stock of Evolution buses, as I know when they lost the Altrincham tenders they also started using the Fiat's on the 288 instead and been using the MMC's on the 44?

RE: Go Goodwins - knutstransport - 02/06/2022 16:39

(02/06/2022 15:08)dounowhoiam Wrote:  Do Go Goodwins still have the stock of Evolution buses, as I know when they lost the Altrincham tenders they also started using the Fiat's on the 288 instead and been using the MMC's on the 44?

Yes. There's been a number of changes since the recent tender changes. The MMCs are now the regular vehicles on the 44 instead of the 391/392. The 391/392 now usually gets the Metrocities plus one of the Evolutions (a relief driver brings an additional bus). The 375 regularly gets Evolutions.

The Fiats on the 288 and 280 are actually new brand vehicles. Out of interest have you seen what the loadings are like on the 08:15 Altrincham to Manchester Airport in school term time? When I caught that bus in September 2021 it was an Enviro 200 and it was rammed with St Ambrose pupils.

From my personal experience there wasn't really a regular vehicle type on the 288 when it ran through to East Didsbury. I've travelled on Evolutions, Versas, Metrocities and Enviros. Plus I've seen a Wright Eclipse Gemini appear on it.

It does like the TfGM hybrids have left the fleet though, as well as the older Fiat Ducato.

RE: Go Goodwins - M60lad - 03/06/2022 06:04

As for the TfGM Hybrids its not just Little Gem that have lost theirs, I know that since the timetable/tender changes Diamond Northwest lost theirs and only recently it seems that Vision Bus have stopped using theirs as it seems 13 May was the last time they were used in active service.

Does anybody know what's happened to these TfGM Hybrids and where they might be being stored?

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 03/06/2022 13:20

(03/06/2022 06:04)M60lad Wrote:  As for the TfGM Hybrids its not just Little Gem that have lost theirs, I know that since the timetable/tender changes Diamond Northwest lost theirs and only recently it seems that Vision Bus have stopped using theirs as it seems 13 May was the last time they were used in active service.

Does anybody know what's happened to these TfGM Hybrids and where they might be being stored?

I believe the contract with optare maintaining them has ended so the vehicles have been withdrawn and returned to TFGM. Not sure where they are being stored but I’d imagine they will be scrapped given their condition.

RE: Go Goodwins - Y458 KNF - 03/06/2022 16:03

(03/06/2022 13:20)Mayneway Wrote:  I believe the contract with optare maintaining them has ended so the vehicles have been withdrawn and returned to TFGM. Not sure where they are being stored but I’d imagine they will be scrapped given their condition.

Guessing the only hybrids left in use are the Free Bus vehicles at Queens Road?

RE: Go Goodwins - Mayneway - 03/06/2022 18:47

(03/06/2022 16:03)Y458 KNF Wrote:  Guessing the only hybrids left in use are the Free Bus vehicles at Queens Road?

Yes. Bar the solo the rest are younger than the withdrawn ones so I’m assuming they are on a different contract.