Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales (/showthread.php?tid=124)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - CX54 DKD - 16/06/2012 15:31

Like I say, the information that was passed down to one of the St Helens drivers we have on here was that of Versas and nothing different has been mentioned so I can only assume that this list isn't in a prominent place in depot

RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - CX54 DKD - 16/06/2012 15:34

Thanks for that Steve! If these are B33F, then I can't help but feel that they're a bit on the small side for some of our operations... I'd have thought, personally, that it'd have been clear that, in the majority of cases, anything smaller than a Dart is too small when they brought in the Solos here initially.

RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - cumbria0902150 - 16/06/2012 15:42

Solo M970SR's have a general seated capacity of 37, around the same as a Versa V1040.

RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - CX54 DKD - 16/06/2012 15:54

That'd certainly be more suitable with only a loss of 2 seats over a Dart/Cadet (actually a gain of 1 seat over some of the Darts). Do you know what the standing capacity is also please?

@K101HUM, just out of interest, has the engine been specified alongside regs/chassis numbers?

RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - K853 MTJ - 16/06/2012 15:58

Personally would have preferred Versas, however if these Solos have the a decent engine, i.e Cummins engine, then I may like them a bit more!

RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - CX54 DKD - 16/06/2012 16:09

Cheers anyway, anything as to initial delivery dates? And just out of interest, have these details been in plain view in depot or have they just been on view to management? I've certainly seen nothing in there and neither have drivers I've spoken to!
(16/06/2012 15:58)K853 MTJ Wrote:  Personally would have preferred Versas, however if these Solos have the a decent engine, i.e Cummins engine, then I may like them a bit more!
I'm also hoping for the Cummins engine but I suspect, if the Derby SRs are anything to go by, it'll be Mercedes which is okay apart from at idle when it vibrates significantly or under a full load when it can be strained.

RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - CX54 DKD - 16/06/2012 16:17

Cheers again.

RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - motormayhem - 16/06/2012 16:54

well i guess there as been some confusion and misinturperation as this list of chassis numbers and so on must be up in engineering as ive never seen them,as i was going off what i got told and and decribed to me which was an optare same size as a dart and a large funny shape front with the doors in front of the wheels.Solo sr as door rear of the wheels.

RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - motormayhem - 16/06/2012 16:58

im sorted anyway for me speke hall shuttle as i can take one of these solo sr's once they come me thinks.

RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales - T42 PVM - 16/06/2012 21:25

sack this right of! your not catching me on one of these if it turns around the corner on a 33 i will gladly wait for a pulsar 2 on the 10A and thats saying something! what where head office thinking getting these!