Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach MCSL - Preston Depot (/showthread.php?tid=88)

RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot - Nicholas - 16/05/2016 05:31

(16/05/2016 05:22)childwallblues Wrote:  Ah well. And I thought moderators were there to assist their flock.

Thing is, registration numbers can be easier to see than fleet numbers, especially at a distance. That might have been all that the observer was able to see. At least there are means of getting fleet numbers online.

Plus registrations can at least put a guage on what is being talked about (at least by age) - seeing fleet numbers alone can often mean absolutely nothing.

RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot - gka472l - 01/06/2016 14:23

Gold 15243 from the 125 batch made it onto the X2 today, managed to catch a shot in Waterloo today. It was the 1145 departure from Preston https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/27362932466/in/dateposted/

HTH

RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot - H101GEV - 04/06/2016 18:53

The Gold Enviro400s are becoming more common on the X2: at least two were on it today in the form of 15228 and 15240. I managed a ride on 15240 from Bootle Strand to Southport and while the interior was nice, if a little gimmicky, the ride quality was a bit disappointing compared with the outstanding PX59CTK. Still, there's a lot worse out there!

The X2 is surely the perfect route for Gold standard conversion given its interurban nature and it serving many affluent areas on the way. I did hear a couple of people on board in Thornton commenting favourably on the 'gold bus', and it might just tempt a few more people out of their cars and off the train onto the bus.

The incumbent X2 batch is a decent set of buses, not too far off Gold standard, but clearly their reliability isn't brilliant of late with so many substitutions. Today, there were at least four (two Golds, a 62 plate and PX12EFD) and five has been commonplace in recent weeks. From an enthusiast's point of view, the variety is interesting, but it seems like time for a new batch of Scanias for the X2.

RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot - gka472l - 04/06/2016 19:05

(04/06/2016 18:53)507009 Wrote:  The Gold Enviro400s are becoming more common on the X2: at least two were on it today in the form of 15228 and 15240. I managed a ride on 15240 from Bootle Strand to Southport and while the interior was nice, if a little gimmicky, the ride quality was a bit disappointing compared with the outstanding PX59CTK. Still, there's a lot worse out there!

The X2 is surely the perfect route for Gold standard conversion given its interurban nature and it serving many affluent areas on the way. I did hear a couple of people on board in Thornton commenting favourably on the 'gold bus', and it might just tempt a few more people out of their cars and off the train onto the bus.

The incumbent X2 batch is a decent set of buses, not too far off Gold standard, but clearly their reliability isn't brilliant of late with so many substitutions. Today, there were at least four (two Golds, a 62 plate and PX12EFD) and five has been commonplace in recent weeks. From an enthusiast's point of view, the variety is interesting, but it seems like time for a new batch of Scanias for the X2.

Can only speak about this years order but seems Scania are out of favour at the moment, quite a few Gold E400MMC are on order towards the end of the 278 strong order...none for up here though. I agree it would be ideal for Gold though given that the 1/2 for Chester have done so....

RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot - WhiteVanMan - 04/06/2016 19:38

(04/06/2016 18:53)507009 Wrote:  The X2 is surely the perfect route for Gold standard conversion given its interurban nature and it serving many affluent areas on the way.

There was talks a couple of years ago about the X2 going Gold.

What has happen has been that the X2 buses were repainted, whilst the 125 Preston-Bolton, and 1 & 2 Liverpool-Chester were converted to Gold.

I do that the X2 would of been better then the 125.

RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot - PO59 MXJ - 04/06/2016 21:22

If you go up to Preston, you'll often find X2 Scanias on the blackpool routes. So maybe not reliability issues, more to do with odd allocations

RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot - T42 PVM - 04/06/2016 23:02

Tbh i have not thought much of the X2 since it was routed to serve Bank Village, now takes longer and first X2 off Liverpool on a Saturday gets into Preston after 10..

RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot - childwallblues - 05/06/2016 05:36

I bet that there are noy many through passengers on it. Too early for twerlies.

RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot - Squire of the Gate - 18/08/2016 21:35

15237 one of the Gold 65 Plate Enviro400's was on a 68 in Blackpool to Preston Thu morning.
Been big delays due to roadworks in St Annes so maybe a chuck out from Preston to cover for late running.

http://nextbustoarrive.blogspot.co.uk/

RE: Stagecoach - Preston Depot - childwallblues - 24/08/2016 17:42

Dart 34744 was noted out in service at 2100 last night on service 111.