Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Stagecoach Order 2015/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
UK REGIONAL OPERATIONS

50 ADL Enviro 400 Scania double-deckers
30 ADL MMC Enviro400 Scania double-deckers
57 ADL MMC Enviro400 double-deckers
10 Wrightbus Eclipse Volvo single-deckers
28 ADL Enviro 300 Scania single-deckers
89 ADL Enviro 300 single-deckers
33 ADL MMC Enviro200 11.9metre midibuses
27 ADL Enviro 200 midibuses
23 ADL MMC Enviro200 10.8metre midibuses
42 Optare Solo minibuses
23 Optare Solo Slimline minibuses
12 Volvo Plaxton Elite 12.5metre coaches
44 Volvo Plaxton Ellite i 15metre coaches (8 left-hand-drive)

LONDON

7 ADL MMC Enviro400 double-deckers
8 ADL MMC Enviro200 10.8metre midibuses
Stagecoach will soon have Enviro400-MMC bodies on ADL, Volvo and Scania chassis! I see that Stagecoach are "dual-soucing" traditional with MMC bodystyles for now.

The FT reported a significant increase in the value of Optare shares as a result of this order.
First I've heard about MMCs on a Volvo chassis?
(14/03/2015 23:19)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I see that Stagecoach are "dual-soucing" traditional with MMC bodystyles for now.

More to do with the spec of the chassis underneath. B5TL is only available with the MMC body, ditto euro 6 Scania/ADL chassis.
Euro 5 Scania/ADL chassis only come with the old Enviro400 body.

So this isn't a case of body selection, but of ADL policy in relation to the chassis.
(14/03/2015 23:53)jcksmnr Wrote: [ -> ]First I've heard about MMCs on a Volvo chassis?

These are or were to be numbered 13041-58, for Stagecoach East Scotland route 73, from Arbroath to Dundee Ninefields Hospital. I am not sure what the state of play on this order is though.
Still in build AFAIK, waiting on development/cerification work on the first before they can be delivered.
I find the 10 Wright Eclipse's more odd, considering they haven't received many orders as of late, and Stagecoach never bought many (or any). Are they for a specific depot or route?
Cambridge Guided Busway, along with the only other B7RLE/Eclipses that Stagecoach have ever ordered new.
(22/04/2015 19:53)mbonwick Wrote: [ -> ]Cambridge Guided Busway, along with the only other B7RLE/Eclipses that Stagecoach have ever ordered new.

If there still a busway for them to run on, with all the problems they are having with it breaking up.
Does anybody know if there are there any orders for Stagecoach Yorkshire?

MTIA
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's