Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseytravel Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
A shuttle service would be a good idea - maybe bringing back something similar to the E1 perhaps!
(01/07/2013 21:09)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]A shuttle service would be a good idea - maybe bringing back something similar to the E1 perhaps!

Liverpool Pier Head and Birkenhead Woodside have the same problem that is that the bus services have moved slowly from the Ferry approaches to the heart of the City / Town .

The one saving grace for Mann Island was that the main terminating points like Liverpool One was at saturation point with bus services , hence other terminating spots where needed and Merseytravel would hate services terminating at Queen Square which is already near enough full with buses just passing through out to the sticks .

Woodside over the years had been the driver changeover point for the 410 but that happens elsewhere on a sunday now as even that service doesnt run down there .
Liverpool side isn't too bad as the Citylink services serve the Pier Head/Mann Island whereas Birkenhead dosen't have that luxury.
On the subject of a shuttle service, I would extend the Stena 12 Quays service to Birkenhead bus station...

(As a side issue I am quite disappointing that Merseytravel hasn't really done much to advertise long distance shipping links, especially with the SailRail product recently being extended to include the Liverpool/Birkenhead-Belfast services!)
Being honest didnt know until recently about the sailrail product for Twelve Quays.
The amount of routes that go through the Tunnel to Liverpool has decreased Woodside as an important stop, it's still useful as turnaround & layover point without using Roadside Stops like Borough Road by Birkenhead Central Station, i'd keep it as it is but maybe rebuild it to similar style as Birkenhead Bus Station.
for those interested i have a found a document on the planned changes to Woodside.

http://moderngov.merseytravel.uk.net/documents/s6362/

Its going to be weird seeing 3 bus stops replacing the whole bus station...
(20/08/2013 21:59)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]for those interested i have a found a document on the planned changes to Woodside.

http://moderngov.merseytravel.uk.net/documents/s6362/

Its going to be weird seeing 3 bus stops replacing the whole bus station...

It now means that Bridge St will have a bigger "bus station" then woodside...
(28/06/2013 18:39)Bevan Price Wrote: [ -> ]Woodside Bus Station closed for about 6 weeks for refurbishment, according to Merseytravel website, commencing 5 July 2013.

I rode past Woodside on the Festival of Transport shuttle this afternoon.The bus station isn't so much refurbished as gone.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's