Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Streetcars, Platt Bridge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ive seen it all now,ive just seen a full size bus on there 099 wigan-abram service with only about 9 seats fitted to the bus and the rear half of the bus as no seats fitted.
I thought i was seeing things as its a Y reg dennis dart slf carlyle bodied i think.
lol, wonder whos bright spark idea that is
I think the driver can only drive upto a 16 seater on his minibus licence so they have bought this bus a down seated it to a 16 seater with enough room behind the seated area to have a dance floor.
lol talk about passing your journey time
Fun times hehe, pics?
Sounds similar to what a company called SGL over in Dewsbury have done. Due to their restricted o-license they have left only 16 seats and have called it 'extra leg room'!

Picture here which explains more:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thespian/8701439849/
It just looks really odd as when it drives past me i just gotta laugh as having a full size bus just to use 1/3 of it,it would of made more sense to buy an optare solo and modify the capacity on that as it would look more viable than a carlyisle bodied dart slf with just 4 rows of 2 seats.
They
te='motormayhem' pid='37628' dateline='1370183820']
It just looks really odd as when it drives past me i just gotta laugh as having a full size bus just to use 1/3 of it,it would of made more sense to buy an optare solo and modify the capacity on that as it would look more viable than a carlyisle bodied dart slf with just 4 rows of 2 seats.
[/quote]

They were using a welfare style minibus at first so god knows why they have switched to a full size single decker bus.

How is the service doing? Is it actually carrying anyone.
I think they changed it cause people was letting it go past due to them not thinking it was a bus service so there idea was buy a proper bus so people will catch it but still dont pick up many people as only picks up the odd 1 or 2 passengers every odd trip but if they bought a solo and took the lower seats out and advertised as being larger buggy/wheelchair space would be a lot better as what makes it even odder is the full rear seat as been removed too.
It sounds very odd.

Interestingly I always found that with Manchester Community Transport when they ran the 173. It only every seemed to carry a handful of pensioners when they used them little Merc Minibuses. I think regular passengers assumed it was a ring and ride style service and let it go by, but when Bluebird took over it actually tended to carry good loads.

Back to Streetcars, I can't see it lasting long if they have restrictions on the number if passengers they can carry.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's