Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Great Western Railway
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
150001 and 150002 which operate on the Reading to Basingstoke line were built with smaller fuel tanks than standard 150s. They are receiving new standard fuel tanks increasing the mileage between re-fuelling from 1100 to 1600 miles.

Source: Todays Railways
When I returned home from Devon, I stopped off in Cheltenham, to ride a Stagecoach Gold Scania-Enviro400 and secure cheaper fares. I hoped the Cheltenham- Gloucester- London train would be a 180 but it was a 125. It occurred to me that maybe the 180s only run to Worcester and Hereford.
The sea wall has been breached at Dawlish near the railway station leaving the railway without any base. NR engineers are on the scene but they are not able assess the situation as it is too dangerous. No timescale can be given as to how long the line will be closed but a guesstimate is reported is reported as at least six weeks.
As this has segregated west Devon & Cornwall from the rest of the network, this has also restricted local services due to the absence of suitable rolling stock still available. Thus the Newquay service was suspended briefly and the Looe service still is.
(15/02/2014 22:24)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]As this has segregated west Devon & Cornwall from the rest of the network, this has also restricted local services due to the absence of suitable rolling stock still available. Thus the Newquay service was suspended briefly and the Looe service still is.

Where do these normally get maintained and fuelled?
If it's at Laira, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem, unless other lines down there are blocked
(16/02/2014 15:17)507022 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15/02/2014 22:24)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]As this has segregated west Devon & Cornwall from the rest of the network, this has also restricted local services due to the absence of suitable rolling stock still available. Thus the Newquay service was suspended briefly and the Looe service still is.

Where do these normally get maintained and fuelled?
If it's at Laira, then there shouldn't be too much of a problem, unless other lines down there are blocked
Depends on the diagram but they work off either Laira or Long Rock.
(05/02/2014 13:56)childwallblues Wrote: [ -> ]The sea wall has been breached at Dawlish near the railway station leaving the railway without any base. NR engineers are on the scene but they are not able assess the situation as it is too dangerous. No timescale can be given as to how long the line will be closed but a guesstimate is reported is reported as at least six weeks.
Planned re-opening date for the line through Dawlish is 6th April.
HST power car 43026 has been named Michael Eavis. His the the owner of Worthy Farm were the Glastonbury Festival takes place.
I had noted this power car at Reading on Wednesday morning with the name covered over.
43126 has been repainted and has the title BRISTOL 2015 EUROPEAN GREEN CAPITAL on its sides.
43172 has been named Harry Patch.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reference URL's