Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: HTL Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(26/01/2021 15:39)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]I can see no issues with the normal route.

Ironically, the diversion seems to run directly into a set of temporary traffic lights due to roadworks.

Bridges Lane is still closed with large barriers across the road between Sefton Meadows Recycling Centre and The Punchbowl as there is still deep water where the carriageway dips. Whether the drains have collapsed or are blocked I do not know.
(26/01/2021 16:50)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]Bridges Lane is still closed with large barriers across the road between Sefton Meadows Recycling Centre and The Punchbowl as there is still deep water where the carriageway dips. Whether the drains have collapsed or are blocked I do not know.

Ah yes I see what you mean now. The MySefton website doesn't have Bridges Lane down as closed which is daft.

It seems the section of Brickwall Lane connecting from the main part (B road) to Lunt Road has a 3.5t weight limit. If I understand correctly, you can't avoid this by continuing along Brickwall then turn left to get back on route, as the flood still exists there.
(26/01/2021 17:26)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]Ah yes I see what you mean now. The MySefton website doesn't have Bridges Lane down as closed which is daft.

It seems the section of Brickwall Lane connecting from the main part (B road) to Lunt Road has a 3.5t weight limit. If I understand correctly, you can't avoid this by continuing along Brickwall then turn left to get back on route, as the flood still exists there.

The barriers are positioned so that it is possible to turn either left (towards Lunt) or right (towards Brooms Cross) at the junction of Bridges Lane and Bridges Lane as the flood is just before the Alt. Many years ago the old 52 service took an anti-clockwise route around this triangle.
It'll be because most drivers are unaware of that way, there is no official diversion given to HTL so it will be purely down to whatever way the drivers know and Merseytravel don't even mention it on their site. VCGs morning driver (a regular driver) was going through Lunt Village all day though, so it really does depend.

A lot of drivers aren't even going through the temporary lights either, they are going back through Maghull Square and along the main road to avoid those lights.
Bit of an inconvenience to have your only bus service serve your stop on one trip but not the other. I had the same issue when Halton used to run Merseytravel contracts. You’d think Merseytravel would be as strict with diversions as they are with buses using the Bus Stations.
The problem is simply Merseytravel have issued no diversion to the company so basically drivers can only go where they know, they aren't going to risk getting potentially trapped down a road that they don't know how far down it is closed. Merseytravel very rarely issue diversions for flooded roads and HTL do come across a number of these such as College Street, Peasley Cross Road and Gorsey Lane up in the St Helens areas and as I say it is pretty much left down to the drivers to figure it out, no official guidence.
YJ61 MOF (32) was involved in an RTA on Dunnings Bridge Road this morning, damage seems to be to the rear end of the bus.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...h-19728177
There’s a new hire bus turned up due to YJ61MOF being involved in an accident. I’m led to believe it’s YY17GPU back for another stint, but this is unconfirmed.
The hire Enviro 200 is YX18KVS, this is as expected a short 8.9m version.
(29/01/2021 16:36)NathanR Wrote: [ -> ]YJ61 MOF (32) was involved in an RTA on Dunnings Bridge Road this morning, damage seems to be to the rear end of the bus.
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...h-19728177

There are about ten bus stops in each direction that the 159 observes along Church Road/Dunniningsbridge Road which is the major trunk road from Seaforth docks to Switch Island. This incident occurred at the only stop that does not have a lay-by and was always an accident waiting to happen as HGVs and general traffic often bomb along this stretch of road.

Whenever I use the 159 I never sit on the back seat for fear of the bus being rear-ended by a driver exceeding the speed limit or not paying due care and attention. Luckily this was only a medium-sized family car and not a 42-tonne HGV.
Reference URL's