Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Wigan Transport Trust
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It appears months of rumours and speculation is true! Former Arriva North West Scania L113CRL/Northern Counties Paladin 1051 R51 XVM has been preserved.
Mainly due to it having Northern Counties body.
Still with Clinkham Wood on the blinds from the photo I saw on Flickr! Glad to see one of these preserved.
I think there might also be another reason for it being preserved that being that it has come to Wigan regularly and the fact that from new it was based at Skelmersdale depot as part of the North Western Road Car Co fleet, so it really has gone to Wigan on a regular basis. I suspect the aim will be to restore it as a North Western RCC Skelmersdale Bus.
The reason that i have bought this bus is due to it being one of a batch that I regularly travelled on when at Skelmersdale and since being transferred to St Helens. It is true that I am particularly fond of the Northern Counties Paladin II . The aims of Wigan Transport Trust are to preserve the road passenger transport travelling in and out of Wigan . Having a locally produced body is another bonus.

It will be reverting to North Western liverybin the near future. It will have a final airing in its current livery soon .
Nice Work Nick. Shame none of the Flyte Bodied ones were saved as they were Unique buses but stil 2 out of the 3 bodies operated are saved
Sorry it's probably a bit late for some people but nevertheless...

The EAM Care Group are hosting their first Beer and Bus run, in conjunction with CAMRA and Wigan Transport Trust tomorrow. The first departures are at midday from Church Street in Warrington for The Tavern and midday from Victoria Street in Altrincham for Market Tavern and then running hourly until 7pm. The programme is available on the day and is just £3, proceeds go to EAM Lodge to help purchase a mobile sensory experience unit.

More details on my blog: http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...ngton.html
Here's a video of preserved Scania L113CRL/NC Paladin 2 R51 XVM on Saturday's Beer and Bus Run.

Following on from last years hugely successful Beer Bus event, The EAM Care Group in conjunction with CAMRA and Wigan Transport Trust are hosting their second ‘Beer and Bus’ event on the 4th July 2015 from 12 noon to 7pm. This year serving Altrincham, Knutsford, Lymm & Warrington.

It's just £3 each for the programme and timetable - see my blog post on how to get yours in advance!
http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...ngton.html
(21/06/2015 16:22)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]Following on from last years hugely successful Beer Bus event, The EAM Care Group in conjunction with CAMRA and Wigan Transport Trust are hosting their second ‘Beer and Bus’ event on the 4th July 2015 from 12 noon to 7pm. This year serving Altrincham, Knutsford, Lymm & Warrington.

It's just £3 each for the programme and timetable - see my blog post on how to get yours in advance!
http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...ngton.html
Unfortunately many of Trafford & Hulme Camra Members will not be able to participate due to volunteering at the Chorlton (Manchester) Beer Festival at St. Clements Church.
However the branch knows about the event so some members might still be able to make it along. Hope it is a success.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's