Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Impera Bus & Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was informed this afternoon that Stagecoach in Wirral have been asked by Merseytravel to cover Imperas school contracts as a last resort, possibly as early as tomorrow.
Just say if they have gone what will hapen with the likes of the 31/31A, 39, 98 will other operators take them or will merseytravel bring back the likes of the 101 again of a everning?
A sad news for drivers, passengers, and school bus users.

It was bound to happen eventually, a company short of drivers and illegal route alterations wasn't going to last long by any standard. I'm hoping this is a result of Merseytravel or VOSA action, and not just the financial aspect as it would be nice to see someone stepping in on the side of the regular passenger
Well I also feel sorry for any drivers on the Section Baced work accademy via the job centre to learn to drive buses via Impera as its gonna mean they be still out of work just hope someone takes on there routes if it is true to resolve staffing issues

But like I said nothing official has been made or posted so I dont believe it
Be interesting to see if Arriva, Stagecoach or Avon pick up any bits of the commercial work.
Hi All,

Sad to hear of any possible problems with any operator that could effect its staff, but please remember for now at least, we haven't got any official information (nothing yet on Merseytravel's website etc) so until then we cannot be sure of the current situation regarding Impera.
If this is true it is very sad for all involved and I hope the employees find alternative employment, however if it is true I can't say that I'm surprised.
(02/10/2013 19:09)N271CKB Wrote: [ -> ]Shocked to just see a piece on Wirral Newsbeat saying impera have ceased trading, anyone else heard this?

One of there ex drivers commented on Wirral newsbeat site 30 mins ago saying the following

Right merseytravel will step in and put emergency routes out tomorrow, to various companies.. it is true it has ceased trading, i worked for them, from start to last Oct.. and know a few drivers who have confirmed its no longer trading.. such a shame as some of the lads were good lads..

So still rumours but sounds much more like its going to be true....however Istill dont believe it
Andy, how many times are you going to say you don't believe it, it is hardly the biggest shock.
(02/10/2013 20:07)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]Andy, how many times are you going to say you don't believe it, it is hardly the biggest shock.

Tbh I did like the firm not gonna lie but if they have gone i just hope all the drivers find work and the route stay on with other firms
Reference URL's