Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Impera Bus & Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28/08/2013 05:23)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]How many times have you been at a bus stop when an Arriva bus hasnt turned up and nobody seems to bat an eyelid but the minute a small company does it there jumped up and down on .
Very few actually. If it has happened, it's been because of a breakdown. The difference there is that the trip is dropped because of said breakdown and not because the company had pulled out of the route prior to the cancellation date or because they've started the route without adequate resources in place.
I've never called Impera up due to buses not turning up (Sadly it has happened to me as well).

However, Halton Transport have a great link with customer service, not only do all of their buses carry their phone number on side and rear, but their customer service is second to none. As many of you may know (or have probably guessed with my seasonal Halton Postings), but I frequently use service 44. Whenever a 44 doesn't show up at my stop, I usually call the company up within 10 minutes of waiting, and the guys on the desk gladly tell me why my bus hasn't shown up, and what they have done to rectify the problem.
I once called them up, and they told me directly that bus #28 has broken down near Childwall Fiveways and that bus #23 will be running up to and around half an hour late, and that Cronton College, Widnes and Astmoor was informed directly by the company.

Not only were they apologetic, they told me the fleetnumber of the buses I should expect to see, the actual problem with the bus (faulty gearbox), how long I would be waiting for the next one, and called up my place of education along the route.
(28/08/2013 21:24)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]I've never called Impera up due to buses not turning up (Sadly it has happened to me as well).

However, Halton Transport have a great link with customer service, not only do all of their buses carry their phone number on side and rear, but their customer service is second to none. As many of you may know (or have probably guessed with my seasonal Halton Postings), but I frequently use service 44. Whenever a 44 doesn't show up at my stop, I usually call the company up within 10 minutes of waiting, and the guys on the desk gladly tell me why my bus hasn't shown up, and what they have done to rectify the problem.
I once called them up, and they told me directly that bus #28 has broken down near Childwall Fiveways and that bus #23 will be running up to and around half an hour late, and that Cronton College, Widnes and Astmoor was informed directly by the company.

Not only were they apologetic, they told me the fleetnumber of the buses I should expect to see, the actual problem with the bus (faulty gearbox), how long I would be waiting for the next one, and called up my place of education along the route.
The system the company is using to have that info is live information relayed directly from the bus using GPS that same system is getting installed at impera very soon at the moment if a driver has a genuine problem or just decides they can't be bothered to run the journey the supervisor has no knowledge until someone calls in we have had major problems with staff I have 5 driver in this week for not operating to timetable the outcome is confidential as for the routes we have not just dropped them as many people state we are currently recruiting new drivers and have 8 drivers in the driving school as soon as we have the available drivers routes 47 15 and 16 will operate until the cancellation date any lost mileage on these routes will be recorded accordingly with pcv regulations and if the traffic commissioner believes we have acted outside the rules we will receive the appropriate action I apologise to all our genuine customers for the disruption to our services at present we employ 2 uniformed inspectors and 2 covert inspectors whom one is a DSA approved instructor we are totally committed to our customers despite our current failures
I honestly wish that the 47 weren't getting cancelled, i was a very fairly regular user of that service so did a lot of other people , it honestly weren't a bad service and was very convenient. I hope to see it return again in the future when Impera have managed to sort new drivers and their buses out. It'll be good to see some new Impera Liverpool services being introduced in the future as well.

On a different note i was very impressed on the loadings on the 98 the 12:14 journey from Beechwood drive towards Liverpool was completley full, and every other 98 i seen throughout the day was over half loads. Similar to the 31 as well. So i appologise for the post i made the other day about them not doing well
Finally a sign of one the new SPD's Y179 CFS (2179)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95731581@N02/9640617948/

credit: Daniel-Christopher
Wounder where that was?
(01/09/2013 07:07)E208 WBG Wrote: [ -> ]Wounder where that was?

It was on a private hire to Chester.
(01/09/2013 07:37)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]It was on a private hire to Chester.

I saw it in Chester yesterday on the private hire, carrying loads of pink-clad ladies!
Managed to Catch Y179CFS 2179 myself on Monday Afternoon working the 98's to Moreton

Photo Here :- http://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanorth...61939165/#
Here are some of my recent Impera photos on my new Flickr account - including the stunning 2179 on the 165 and 2185 on the 39 (including a photo of its immaculate interior):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelmill...661489951/
Reference URL's