Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Impera Bus & Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah! Yes, makes perfect sense. Thanks MM!
(09/05/2013 13:26)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to catch up with the Pulsar 2 this afternoon, sadly my camera didn't pick up the LED's though.
Did you manage to see what service was it on?
(09/05/2013 13:57)3111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09/05/2013 13:26)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to catch up with the Pulsar 2 this afternoon, sadly my camera didn't pick up the LED's though.

I did indeed, just come back from trying to capture it's LED's with success. It's on the 47 Saughall Massie to Birkenhead.
(09/05/2013 13:55)motormayhem Wrote: [ -> ]Its a bit more expensive but i think the main problem is changing them as once you replace one it as to stay off the road for upto 24 hrs,so time off the road equals bus not making a profit if you get what i mean.

Correct, not only is it more expensive and when being replaced takes a day for the new seal to set, but the bond also weakens after a few years and the windows will rattle so whether the glass is being replaced or not, the windows sometimes need taking out and re-sealing as and when the bond perishes! It does however look much better than a bus with standard windows which is a major advantage.
(09/05/2013 14:11)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]
(09/05/2013 13:57)3111 Wrote: [ -> ]
I did indeed, just come back from trying to capture it's LED's with success. It's on the 47 Saughall Massie to Birkenhead.
Thanks! Angel
Impera are in my bad books this week...Ive had 3 buses not turn up in the past 3 days, and one bus driving right past me last friday.

On another note ive been on 2374 quite a few times this week on the 98, and its possibly the worst bus i have ever been on, continuous rattling from the air conditioning vents, squeeky seats and vigorous vibrations when the bus has pulled over.
Not a very good bus to put out on a cross river service, especially when trying to make first impressions for passengers who haven't been on an Impera bus yet.
An arriva 432 pulled up on the stand yesterday behind the 98 in Sir Thomas Street
Once everyone had boarded the 98 refused to move despite many blasts of the horn from the arriva which couldn't pull out.
Must of been 20 buses backed up behind it.
An early morning 1A had a bit of trouble getting through the barrier to get into the tunnel, do they have fast-tags? the bus was trying to get through the "Buses Only" lane.

Stagecoach and Arriva buses had to do some manouvering to get through the "Attended" lane instead.
(10/05/2013 18:00)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]Impera are in my bad books this week...Ive had 3 buses not turn up in the past 3 days, and one bus driving right past me last friday.

On another note ive been on 2374 quite a few times this week on the 98, and its possibly the worst bus i have ever been on, continuous rattling from the air conditioning vents, squeeky seats and vigorous vibrations when the bus has pulled over.
Not a very good bus to put out on a cross river service, especially when trying to make first impressions for passengers who haven't been on an Impera bus yet.

You're not the only one to have trouble either, I noted some early working yesterday on the 47 then today I was landed at Moreton Cross waiting for a 39 to get to Liscard Village for over 76 minutes of which when one did finally turn up it was a Dennis Dart SLF that had only passed through Moreton Cross some 12 minutes earlier.

Having logged onto Facebook and found their page it states;
"Impera regret to inform that due to vehicle malfunction, the 1238 service off West Kirby, 1326 service off New Brighton and 1408 service off West Kirby will fail to operate. We sincerely apologise for this and any problems caused. The error has no been rectified and the 1456 off New Brighton will operate as scheduled."

I'm just glad one did turn up in the end!
Why did you wait 76 mins, and not just jump the 413
Reference URL's