Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Impera Bus & Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10/01/2013 18:11)R874 ERE Wrote: [ -> ]It does make sense to run at similar times, there is potential to steal their passengers and hopefully make a profit. Interesting route, should produce a nice steady little income if all goes to plan.
My only negative thought about the new service is that it runs six minutes after Avon Buses' 18 from Birkenhead (and the 38 has always arrived just before the 18 when I've been there). Whilst I know the service doesn't follow the 18 too much, the bus-stop which the 18 stops at is usually deserted after the 18 has departed - unless it's stopping at a different stop...!
(11/01/2013 12:22)R557 ABA Wrote: [ -> ]I agree, personally they'd be better timing the service in the middle of the other two services that run through Beechwood to provide a service that is benifial to the user, and yes I know that isn't always logical, but stepping on other operators toes can have it's consequences too, I really woudn't be surprised if this sparked off some interesting alterations to other bus services on the Wirral in the near future.

Remember though, sometimes competition is good, and having the Monopoly isn't always good for everyone.

I agree there, running it in between may have its benefits by not upsetting the big boys too much, but running it very closely makes it easier to pick up their passengers - it should be interesting! The route itself sounds like it would be beneficial too, some areas are better linked than others so hopefully it will pull in some regulars over the first few weeks
(11/01/2013 14:11)3111 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10/01/2013 18:11)R874 ERE Wrote: [ -> ]It does make sense to run at similar times, there is potential to steal their passengers and hopefully make a profit. Interesting route, should produce a nice steady little income if all goes to plan.
My only negative thought about the new service is that it runs six minutes after Avon Buses' 18 from Birkenhead (and the 38 has always arrived just before the 18 when I've been there). Whilst I know the service doesn't follow the 18 too much, the bus-stop which the 18 stops at is usually deserted after the 18 has departed - unless it's stopping at a different stop...!

It will be from a different stop, from the stop opposite Cool Trader, the 47 goes the other way from Moreton Cross than the 18/38, as it goes through Saughall Massie, it's only from Bidston to Birkenhead the 47 follows 18/38
One strange fare structure in place I must say, got charged more on the 1A from Birkenhead to New Brighton than it did on the 39 from New Brighton to West Kirby, how may I ask? Who knows!
KV03 ZGP (2031), X511 UAT (2511), KU52 YLE (2523) and X526 UAT (2526) were the four buses that operated on Impera's final night on the 130 (Old Roan > Dingle); V164 MVX (2164) and KU52 YLD (2522) were on the 210/241/250 (Liverpool > Maghull). I managed to get a photo of 2523, of which I've attempted to write a small couple of paragraphs of information with:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...otostream/
A Y reg ALX 400 appeard on an impera contracted service 658 today

Also had 5 rides on the 47 today, the locals on the beechwood seem to be happy with it. However when waiting for it in claughton to go Moreton bound an 18 came into claughton packed, then one minute later the 38 came with a fair few people, then a minute after that the 47 appeared with about two people on. Times definatley need a change
If you read the Eazibus thread, you'd find out that the ALX400s belong to Eazibus who have won a few school contracts from Impera.
(28/01/2013 17:49)V671 DVU Wrote: [ -> ]If you read the Eazibus thread, you'd find out that the ALX400s belong to Eazibus who have won a few school contracts from Impera.

Oh really, i never knew eazibus still ran over on the Wirral, thats why i havent read that thread
Y675 NLO (2675) is now branded for the 1A:

KU52 YLE (2521) was among X526 UAT (2526) and KU52 YLB (2523) on the 47 this morning - http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...otostream/ - although V164 MVX (2164) was spotted on there this afternoon.
(28/01/2013 22:01)3111 Wrote: [ -> ]Y675 NLO (2675) is now branded for the 1A:
I forgot to mention that I rode on this lovely bus (few rattles, comfortable ride, quite a fast bus and it sounded nice - although the differential was going slightly) on the 10:00 departure from New Brighton and the bus arrived at Birkenhead Bus Station nearly full to capacity! Other 1As that I seen during the day were also busy, including a departure from Birkenhead Bus Station after 17:30. Also, I had a short ride on the 39 (on lovely 2021) before riding on the 1A (47 from Birkenhead to Moreton, 39 from there to New Brighton then the 1A to Birkenhead) and that service was quite busy. I'm glad that the 1A and the 39 seem to be doing well and I hope that the 47 follows suit!
Reference URL's