Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva Midlands North
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
We had a AMN thread on the old forum but cannot find one in the reincarnation. As I type it occurs to me that there may be one on the 'Elsewhere' section but as AMN work into Wrexham I think it qualifies - just - as North West, particularly the Oswestry outpost and as I've started............

I was in Shrewsbury briefly today and on my infrequent visits always look out for the Oswestry workings on the 70. For the last few years these have regularly been the Pointer Darts 2367-70. Last time there was the odd Versa from 2992/3/5 which were allocated for the Ellesmere routes. Today on the 1610 ex Shrewsbury was a brand new Versa in full interurban livery YJ12PLV with fleet number 3696. AMN have used 29xx for Versas and recently made space for more by renumbering Solos from 29xx to 25xx. Unfortunately I did not see the legals so assume this was a loan from elsewhere or a demo though if a demo it would be unlikely to be in full livery with a precise fleet number.

Can anyone throw any light?
nope all buses on 70 are full size Versa's in 3*** series i believe because these are full length and different engine than the rest
Have just seen on Tony Hunters excellent website on West Midland Buses that 3696-9 are new Versas for Oswestry. They are presumably different from the usual 29xx Versas but no chassis or seating details yet. They are presumably for the 70 so 2367-70 will be re-deployed.
Incidentally the reg nos are YJ12 PLV,PLU,PLO and PLN in order so AMN are continuing their recent practice of registering in backward alphabetical order. I know ANW registered their MX61 Pulsars and Geminis in some sort of reverse order but they were at least in batches!

Thanks for your reply P450.
(22/08/2012 18:09)BHA Wrote: [ -> ]Have just seen on Tony Hunters excellent website on West Midland Buses that 3696-9 are new Versas for Oswestry. They are presumably different from the usual 29xx Versas but no chassis or seating details yet. They are presumably for the 70 so 2367-70 will be re-deployed.
Incidentally the reg nos are YJ12 PLV,PLU,PLO and PLN in order so AMN are continuing their recent practice of registering in backward alphabetical order. I know ANW registered their MX61 Pulsars and Geminis in some sort of reverse order but they were at least in batches!

Thanks for your reply P450.

Here is a pic of 3699 from Chris Bell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisbell50...hotostream
Any news of Midland vehicles renumbered, once the takeover happens in February, could be covered here.

Former London Volvo B7TL-Gemini VLW7-20 are due for Arriva Midlands after the Olympics or Paralympics.
(27/08/2012 22:30)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]Any news of Midland vehicles renumbered, once the takeover happens in February, could be covered here.

Former London Volvo B7TL-Gemini VLW7-20 are due for Arriva Midlands after the Olympics or Paralympics.

Do we know whether these are destined for Leicester? If so and bearing in mind the 10 or so extra DAF double-deckers there must be more than the handful of Olympians to be withdrawn. Problem is the next oldest DDs are newer than the 'new' vehicles arriving!
(29/08/2012 17:32)BHA Wrote: [ -> ]
(27/08/2012 22:30)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]Any news of Midland vehicles renumbered, once the takeover happens in February, could be covered here.

Do we know whether these are destined for Leicester? If so and bearing in mind the 10 or so extra DAF double-deckers there must be more than the handful of Olympians to be withdrawn. Problem is the next oldest DDs are newer than the 'new' vehicles arriving!

Some are going into Leicester to replace the remaining Olympians (only a couple i think) and 4 VDL SB200's which will move to Shrewsbury to replace the Scania paladins on the 64/164's to Newcastle and Hanley. Others are destined for Burton on Trent i believe.
Some Mercedes Citaros were recently introduced into service at Tamworth for local services. It is unusual for such buses to be used for local rather than interrban services. I may be riding one in March. An example can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8405141561/
(17/02/2013 20:14)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]Some Mercedes Citaros were recently introduced into service at Tamworth for local services. It is unusual for such buses to be used for local rather than interrban services. I may be riding one in March. An example can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/8405141561/

3003 - 19 are at Tamworth after Olympics duty. None are branded. True they mainly work locals as follows

Route 3 - 2 buses
Routes 4/5/7 interworked - 8 buses
Routes 8/9 interworked - 5 buses

The other 2 are increasingly straying on to Birmingham services 110/6 and the TH workings on the 112 ( Lichfield - Birmingham ).

The first 3 Citaros 3000 - 3002 are at Telford for local route 12 for which they are branded.
I went to Cannock today, and rodes routes to or from Stafford, Walsall or Lichfield. I notice some ex-London 51-reg MPDs are beginning to replace ex-Midland stock in the area on routes like the 23 and 62. They are having fareboxes added to match Midland's conventions. Maybe in a few months this distinction will discontinue and drivers will issue identical tickets and offer change throughout the network. Thankfully I was able to use my Arriva Midlands DaySaver on route 62. The buses do carry Arriva Midlands North lettering.

My bus to Walsall was a 52-reg Commander. I learnt something new today as I did not know Commanders were available as long ago as that!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's