Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Lancashire County Council Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(20/04/2019 18:35)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]May's changes (or should I say May's change as there is only one):

https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/media/9096...y-2019.pdf

What an expensive waste of paper doing this, can they not simply just do a half size leaflet instead, next they will be saying they have no money to support bus services, all the art work surrounding what is approximately two sentences is totally unnecessary. If they are doing this on a monthly basis how much money are they wasting every year? I am sure a bus route could have probably been saved for the money it is costing? all that is required is an insert for the existing time-table or the time-table just simply being reissued. Its OK if there is a lot of bus services changing but for one service its a real waste. The March one is worst still why print a leaflet to say nothing is changing what a waste of resources. Also Aprils could be fitted onto a single sheet rather than onto two by doing away with the expensive cover.
June's changes:

https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/media/9102...e-2019.pdf

Interesting to note Stagecoach have picked up the 315 (Ormskirk - Southport) contract. Be interesting to see which depot runs it.
The tender from stagecoach was the only one received apparently.
(22/05/2019 08:25)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]June's changes:

https://www.lancashire.gov.uk/media/9102...e-2019.pdf

Interesting to note Stagecoach have picked up the 315 (Ormskirk - Southport) contract. Be interesting to see which depot runs it.

The bus working starts from Southport so could be done from Preston by registering a positioning journey on the 2/X2?
(22/05/2019 13:18)DVG526 Wrote: [ -> ]The bus working starts from Southport so could be done from Preston by registering a positioning journey on the 2/X2?

Holmeswood currently use a short Enviro200, so unless Stagecoach send a Solo for the 315, anything larger will just be carrying fresh air. I have never seen that many people on the 315 to warrant a full-sized bus.
It might be worth mentioning, Stagecoach East Scotland at Perth have a spare Mercedes Sprinter, which is just being used as a crew shuttle right now. Possible transfer to operate this service?
(22/05/2019 13:18)DVG526 Wrote: [ -> ]The bus working starts from Southport so could be done from Preston by registering a positioning journey on the 2/X2?

In the Merseytravel timetable for the 315, it has Gillmoss’ phone number so I’m assuming it’ll be ran by them?
(23/05/2019 20:42)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]In the Merseytravel timetable for the 315, it has Gillmoss’ phone number so I’m assuming it’ll be ran by them?

Whilst not seeking to contradict you, the head office for Glenvale Transport t/a Stagecoach MCSL is at Gillmoss depot. I wonder if Merseytravel just put the head office number in the leaflet, irrespective of which depot will operate it.
(23/05/2019 20:47)robertclark125 Wrote: [ -> ]Whilst not seeking to contradict you, the head office for Glenvale Transport t/a Stagecoach MCSL is at Gillmoss depot. I wonder if Merseytravel just put the head office number in the leaflet, irrespective of which depot will operate it.

The Merseytravel leaflets for the X2 & X8 have the Gillmoss address and phone number, so you wonder correctly.
Do we know which depot is running the 315?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Reference URL's