Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseyside Bus Review 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Any more updates on the September changes? Been reading bits and pieces on other groups etc about Speke getting some work off HTL etc?
(06/07/2022 07:12)DVG526 Wrote: [ -> ]Any more updates on the September changes? Been reading bits and pieces on other groups etc about Speke getting some work off HTL etc?

There is no confirmed proof Speke have won anything yet....not worth rumours and speculation its easier to wait for official channels
106-107 route is awfully confusing - buses will pass the same bus stop twice on the same route. Better if after serving New Brighton (Kings Parade), they then run via Victoria Road, Albion Street, Hamilton Road, Mount Road then left onto Seaview Road, down Rowson Street and then follow normal route from Egerton Road, instead of going all the way down to Hertford Drive and basically going all the way back to New Brighton again. This would just miss out Earleston Road and Kirkway
(08/07/2022 08:44)mrd97 Wrote: [ -> ]106-107 route is awfully confusing - buses will pass the same bus stop twice on the same route. Better if after serving New Brighton (Kings Parade), they then run via Victoria Road, Albion Street, Hamilton Road, Mount Road then left onto Seaview Road, down Rowson Street and then follow normal route from Egerton Road, instead of going all the way down to Hertford Drive and basically going all the way back to New Brighton again. This would just miss out Earleston Road and Kirkway

Other option would be normal route via vale park to Morrisons, New Brighton then left off prom onto Atherton St, (right) Albion St, (Left) Dudley Rd, (Right) Hamilton Rd, (left) Mount Rd, (Right) Mount Pleasent Rd, (Right) Hose Side Rd

Then normal route at Grove Rd roundabout

And same in reverse missing off only missing Warren Drive
Surely the 418 going to hourly is that routes final chance, its got a long history too
(09/07/2022 00:45)N271CKB Wrote: [ -> ]Surely the 418 going to hourly is that routes final chance, its got a long history too

The route has died a thousand deaths since it left Bromborough and Eastham . I think your right the next time we hear of this route after this change coming up is its complete withdrawal.

Baically Stagecoach then gave a part replacement with a very convuluted route via Clatterbridge to Arrowe Park Hospital with the 16/17.
Coming to the final hours of the consultation, I make it about 3400 comments have been submitted. Key themes I've noticed:

1) Southport changes - respondents described the maps of the new routes as being confusing and difficult to understand. Also noticed some comments that because the consultation has mostly been done online, some of those who will be directly impacted by the changes such as the elderly have not had a proper say as some don't have access to the internet.

2) St Helens 37/38/352 - really controversial given the amount of people who rely on these services.

3) 40 minute timetables - several have complained that having a non-clockface timetable makes it difficult for people to remember the times

4) Halton left out? - 61 Halton Hospital - Liverpool affected by the changes, but several complained there was no option for Halton Residents to have their say despite them being part of the City Region
(10/07/2022 17:18)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]The route has died a thousand deaths since it left Bromborough and Eastham . I think your right the next time we hear of this route after this change coming up is its complete withdrawal.

Baically Stagecoach then gave a part replacement with a very convuluted route via Clatterbridge to Arrowe Park Hospital with the 16/17.

This route will never be commercially successful - it is a necessary route, but it needs to be subsidised. That’s why Arriva keep chopping it. A 40 minute frequency will in my opinion never be successful as you need a timetable to be relatively clockface to make a success of it. Better have it go via Woodchurch Road and divert the 16/16A/17 via Prenton Dell. Cutting back to new ferry was the final nail in the coffin for me.
(11/07/2022 05:52)mrd97 Wrote: [ -> ]This route will never be commercially successful - it is a necessary route, but it needs to be subsidised. That’s why Arriva keep chopping it. A 40 minute frequency will in my opinion never be successful as you need a timetable to be relatively clockface to make a success of it. Better have it go via Woodchurch Road and divert the 16/16A/17 via Prenton Dell. Cutting back to new ferry was the final nail in the coffin for me.

I think whichever route goes via Prenton Dell is going to lose passengers .

Prenton Dell needs a straight forward route to Birkenhead not another place on the Wirral , they must feel like they are being left off the public transport map.
(10/07/2022 22:12)Walton 46 Wrote: [ -> ]Coming to the final hours of the consultation, I make it about 3400 comments have been submitted. Key themes I've noticed:

1) Southport changes - respondents described the maps of the new routes as being confusing and difficult to understand. Also noticed some comments that because the consultation has mostly been done online, some of those who will be directly impacted by the changes such as the elderly have not had a proper say as some don't have access to the internet.

2) St Helens 37/38/352 - really controversial given the amount of people who rely on these services.

3) 40 minute timetables - several have complained that having a non-clockface timetable makes it difficult for people to remember the times

4) Halton left out? - 61 Halton Hospital - Liverpool affected by the changes, but several complained there was no option for Halton Residents to have their say despite them being part of the City Region

I see St Helens got more responses than the rest of the LCR Combined.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's