Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Merseyside Bus Review 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
(15/08/2022 13:35)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]I have contacted Merseytravel enquiring as to when the 17 will revert back to Hourly and the response I got was they don't have enough funding but apparently there is an upcoming review into supported services in St Helens where this route and others will be looked at. Surely these routes could have been included in the review we've just had.
This is Merseytravel we are on about. The longer they can keep these reviews going, the longer the taxpayer scroungers can justify their jobs.
(15/08/2022 13:35)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]I have contacted Merseytravel enquiring as to when the 17 will revert back to Hourly and the response I got was they don't have enough funding but apparently there is an upcoming review into supported services in St Helens where this route and others will be looked at. Surely these routes could have been included in the review we've just had.

Could this funding issue be the reason why a lot of eve/sun services on the Wirral weren't replaced when Avon went under a few years ago? Or is that a different kettle of fish altogether?
Likely a completely different set of reasons but I suspect that would be for a new thread.
That just seems like a poor excuse really, if you look at these Sefton changes the 135 and 144 are going back to hourly services (where they are currently two hourly) yet a service like the 17 can't be put back to hourly? Looking at the tendered provision of an evening in St Helens the 17 is the top priority to get back to hourly and there was no reason why it couldn't have been done this time around - maybe they should have thought about the provision to Chain Lane differently as they are cutting it back to only do the basics anyway.
(16/08/2022 12:35)CX06 EBK Wrote: [ -> ]That just seems like a poor excuse really, if you look at these Sefton changes the 135 and 144 are going back to hourly services (where they are currently two hourly) yet a service like the 17 can't be put back to hourly? Looking at the tendered provision of an evening in St Helens the 17 is the top priority to get back to hourly and there was no reason why it couldn't have been done this time around - maybe they should have thought about the provision to Chain Lane differently as they are cutting it back to only do the basics anyway.
I sent a follow up email regarding some of the issues raised in the initial response. They are blaming costs increasing by approximately 30%, so their funding budget no longer covers the cost of the previous frequency. I also asked when the St Helens Network Review scheduled to take place and the response was that they didn't have a date at present but it would be sometime in the coming months. By the tone of this, I don't feel we are going to see any restoration of the hourly frequency any time soon.
It seems completely backwards to say they're having a network review when they've just had one now, almost as if its just an excuse to fob people off. I would say that of course there will be cost increases as all operators have had to put their wages up as quite frankly most drivers at all these operators are now voting with their feet.
Runcorn/Widnes new timetable's From 4/09/22

Route 7 Warrington - Liverpool :- https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Documents/bus...new/7.aspx
Route 17 St Helens - Widnes :- https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Documents/bus...ew/17.aspx
Route 61 Runcorn - Liverpool :- https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Documents/bus...ew/61.aspx
Route 79C Runcorn - Liverpool :- https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Documents/bus...w/79c.aspx

Route 7,, 30mins still (hourly at night)
Route 17,, 30mins still the same
Route 61,, hourly (route not the same)
Route 79C,, same times ect Mon-Fir/Sun, But every 30mins daytime Saturdays only, all nights (Mon-Sun) the same
A few of the Wirral timetables are on traveline
The 418 now operates an hour later with the last journey leaving New Fery at 19:37.

Also noticed on the 437 there’s an extra evening journey to West Kirby at 23:48 from Liverpool, this departure usually finishes at Laird Street
(22/08/2022 09:35)busdude Wrote: [ -> ]A few of the Wirral timetables are on traveline
The 418 now operates an hour later with the last journey leaving New Fery at 19:37.

Also noticed on the 437 there’s an extra evening journey to West Kirby at 23:48 from Liverpool, this departure usually finishes at Laird Street

Where?
(22/08/2022 11:49)mrd97 Wrote: [ -> ]Where?

Don’t know if these links will work , easy to find though. Just put the route number in and do the departure date from the 5th September

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Reference URL's