Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Selwyns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23/06/2016 15:58)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Chris, Do you know if Selwyns ever go in for Service work? (TFGM Contracts ect)

As far as I'm aware it's just school contracts only in Manchester and merseyside/Cheshire. But who knows what the future may hold come September
(23/06/2016 16:59)chris-s Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I'm aware it's just school contracts only in Manchester and merseyside/Cheshire. But who knows what the future may hold come September

I could be sligtly out with timings but I seem to remember Haytons operating a couple of TFGM tenders, 44 was one using two white MPD Darts, but around the takeover of Haytons by Selwyns both the contract and the vehicles used ended up with Bluebird suggesting they wernt interested in general stage carriage work.

They certainly seem to do well on the schools they operate in Manchester though with well turned out vehiches and uniformed drivers.
(23/06/2016 18:12)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]I could be sligtly out with timings but I seem to remember Haytons operating a couple of TFGM tenders, 44 was one using two white MPD Darts, but around the takeover of Haytons by Selwyns both the contract and the vehicles used ended up with Bluebird suggesting they wernt interested in general stage carriage work.

They certainly seem to do well on the schools they operate in Manchester though with well turned out vehiches and uniformed drivers.

Indeed they did operate a few tenders but was scrapped upon take over. But now Selwyns Travel Group is under different owners and now part of the RATP Group. So who knows.
620 - Journeys previously operated by Selwyns Travel are now operated by Als Coaches.
621 - Journey previously operated by Selwyns Travel is now operated by Eazibus.
628 - The 1525 and 1533 Selwyns Travel journeys are now operated by Als Coaches. The 1530 Selwyns Travel journey is now operated by Eazibus.
701 - 0732 Selwyns Travel journey is now operated by Eazibus.

Are Selwyn's losing all their Wirral school tenders?
Or was it the distance they had to travel that has made them pull the plug.
Haven't they got an out-station in Moreton?
(23/06/2016 16:59)chris-s Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I'm aware it's just school contracts only in Manchester and merseyside/Cheshire. But who knows what the future may hold come September

They did used to operate the Radbrooke Hall works contract for Barclays in Cheshire but that's now operated by Walkers/Holmeswood.

I think at one point (over 10 years ago) they ran the 200 Manchester Airport-Wilmslow service, as well as the Liverpool Airport services.
We was out bid on the contracts by a matter of pounds per week...we was using Cass of Wirral yard to store the deckers during term time...think the distance also had something to do with it also...
RATP have plans but bearing in mind what's happened with Epsom coaches who knows.
I'm sorry but I have to say, I prefer HTL sprinters to your new buses on the 3.
I most certainly dont, had a ride on the 3 yesterday and Bus i had was rattle free and quick
Reference URL's