Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Selwyns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02/01/2021 21:12)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone happen to know the end date of the contract for the 500 please? For some reason I had 2nd Jan in my head. Possibly the 24th in line with the the other Arriva changes?

I was told by a driver 2nd was last day (he told me last week) but we'll soon know tomorrow!
(02/01/2021 21:20)buses7675 Wrote: [ -> ]I was told by a driver 2nd was last day (he told me last week) but we'll soon know tomorrow!

I’m up Brunswick ways tomorrow so will see if this is the case!
Selwyns are still operating the 500 today
I spoke to a 500 yesterday and the driver told me that from Monday, it's back to Arriva and the 500 drivers are going back on furlough.
(03/01/2021 14:07)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]I spoke to a 500 yesterday and the driver told me that from Monday, it's back to Arriva and the 500 drivers are going back on furlough.

I thought that would be the case, would make more sense than to switch on a Sunday. Cheers for that info
Maybe Selwyns should of asked Arriva if they want to lend some drivers.
Wouldn’t that require a lot of training though?
Also the 500 is definitely now back to Arriva operation as confirmed by Bustimes
(04/01/2021 10:21)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]Wouldn’t that require a lot of training though?
No. Arriva use temp firms anyway.
The 500 is once again returning to Merseytravel/Selwyns operation on the 8th given the new lockdown.
Reference URL's