Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Selwyns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11/04/2018 19:26)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Done the 391 again today. How the drivers don't get lost is beyond me, its such a twisty complex route.

While it's a long route I think there's only two variations - 391 or 392 so it might not be as complex for drivers as it might appear.

The old 27 must have been a nightmare for drivers - the 27 Howards ran between October 2016 and last month was actually more straight forward than it used to be and even with regular drivers it wasn't unknown for drivers to drive past the turning for Beggarman's Lane when working the sole 27B service. Under the previous commercial and contracted services only some services went via Over Peover but unlike Astra Zeneca and Beggarman's Lane the ones via Over Peover didn't have a unique service number.

Quote:The optares (YJ12 GZL/GZH etc) are smart little buses except the seats are rock hard.

That's the problem with the ex-Go Goodwins buses at D&G - they ride well and are well presented but the seats don't have any padding.
(08/04/2018 20:48)chris-s Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah there valid as Runcorn use same wayfarers on merseyside contracts

Are there crossed wires here? The GM Wayfarer is a ticket type that needs to be purchased from travel centres, railway stations or PayPoint outlets prior to boarding, opposed to the Wayfarer machine used by drivers to issue tickets. What type of machine a bus has is irrelevant as to whether they accept the pre-purchased tickets.
(12/04/2018 08:00)Quackdave Wrote: [ -> ]According to BusListsOnTheWeb, the Yutongs are 262 and 263.

Presumably that's YJ12 GZG/H/K/L respectively?

This is roughly what I believe the current fleet to be, is there anything in there that shouldn't be, or anything missing? TIA.

I'm guessing that the gaps 260/261/264 must be LX05 FBN/FBV/FCF, and that YJ59 NNC and BG61 SXL/SXM/SXP between them take up the range 278-281; but I would appreciate confirmation of what order they are numbered in.

Thank you for this fleetlist. I wonder whether any double-deckers are used on mainstream routes? I hope to ride one but have a hunch that they only work on school services.
(14/04/2018 17:26)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for this fleetlist. I wonder whether any double-deckers are used on mainstream routes? I hope to ride one but have a hunch that they only work on school services.

Can't comment on the Merseyside ops but in Manchester apparently when one of the Solos fails or is unavailable for use in service they do intend on using a decker if required. On Monday a decker was used for most of the day on the 129 after the solo sent out to operate it broke down.
Deckers cant do the Merseyside routes
(14/04/2018 19:10)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Can't comment on the Merseyside ops but in Manchester apparently when one of the Solos fails or is unavailable for use in service they do intend on using a decker if required. On Monday a decker was used for most of the day on the 129 after the solo sent out to operate it broke down.

I would expect that the 129 will have the highest chance of a decker - the 391/2 has multiple sections with overhanging trees - I’d expect to only see one on there covering a breakdown, any known solo v.o.r would surely involve the decker going on the lowest damage route.
(14/04/2018 19:10)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Deckers cant do the Merseyside routes

YN 60 FMO plaxton cheetah usually covers that route
Does anything else cover stockport duties except the YJ12 xxx series solos?

Thankfully it isn't that busy but a slightly bigger bus might be better as a lot of people use it to get to/from work & college.
(15/04/2018 10:04)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anything else cover stockport duties except the YJ12 xxx series solos?

Thankfully it isn't that busy but a slightly bigger bus might be better as a lot of people use it to get to/from work & college.

The ITT for the route only required 1 x 21 seater bus and 1 x 23 seater bus, so unless the contract is different they aren't required to use vehicles which have more than 23 seats. They'll likely be a clause in the contract which will specify what will need to happen if 21/23 seaters can no longer cope.
Break from routine today. YJ59 NNC working the stockport duty.
Reference URL's