Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Selwyns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10/02/2018 20:41)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]Are these the first ordinary bus routes run by Selwyns?

I wonder what they will operate on these routes. It would be intriguing to see ex-London or Bournemouth Yellow Buses stock here.

As stated, Selwyns presently operate the 3/A/B (Huyton to Halewood/Airport) contract.

In recent history, they have also previously operated:

E10/11/12 St Helens Circulars
12 St Helens Town Circular
200 Wilmslow - Manchester Airport
500 Liverpool - Liverpool Airport
(10/02/2018 20:47)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote: [ -> ]Selwyns currently operate the 3/3A/3B services in Merseyside utilising Enviro200's & ELC Esteems.

Thank you for this information Aaron. I looked this up on Merseytravel & Flickr, and may well ride it next time I'm in Liverpool. Idea

Thank you also Raawwwrrr for your additional history. RATP could be the most appropriate purchaser if HTC were to decide to sell up.
Selwyns have now also registered the 129 Middleton circular, a TfGM tender

Quote:PC0001866/100 Registered
SELWYNS TRAVEL LTD
Route: Middleton Bus Station to Middleton Bus Station via Nowell Road, Hollin Lane
Service number: 129
Service type: Hail & Ride, Normal Stopping
Effective date: 09 Apr 2018
Another new service for Selwyns:

PC0001866/100 Registered
SELWYNS TRAVEL LTD
Route: Middleton Bus Station to Middleton Bus Station via Nowell Road, Hollin Lane
Is this the replacement for the Stotts Travel daytime Service or the evening Stagecoach duty
Presumably evening and Sunday as they are contracted, while the Stotts services are commercial.
(12/02/2018 19:13)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Presumably evening and Sunday as they are contracted, while the Stotts services are commercial.

Not according to the TFGM Timetable is states the route is provided with financial support from TFGM
(12/02/2018 17:12)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Another new service for Selwyns:

PC0001866/100 Registered
SELWYNS TRAVEL LTD

Sorry if this is a silly question or has been answered before, but where will Selwyns operate this from? Thanks
(12/02/2018 20:02)Atlanteanfan Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if this is a silly question or has been answered before, but where will Selwyns operate this from? Thanks

I would imagine th sharston depot (the haytons continuation). The airport operations seem standalone nowadays although it did operate the 200 a long time back.
(12/02/2018 20:10)djb Wrote: [ -> ]I would imagine th sharston depot (the haytons continuation). The airport operations seem standalone nowadays although it did operate the 200 a long time back.

Thanks
Reference URL's