Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Manchester bus franchising
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
hi guys,

if Go North west in wigan and bolton in september 23rd or 24th. will livery the same as manchester livery like you see big bold MCR or just WGN and BLN or normal livery?

thank you,

Martyn
(01/01/2023 23:58)Scania3379man Wrote: [ -> ]hi guys,

if Go North west in wigan and bolton in september 23rd or 24th. will livery the same as manchester livery like you see big bold MCR or just WGN and BLN or normal livery?

thank you,

Martyn

No it will be yellow...when francising is complete all buses will be yellow
(31/12/2022 22:51)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing will change at Queens road until 2025. I wouldn’t have thought they could just move routes to another depot as it will no longer be up to them.

The 135, 95,97,98 will fall into the ‘city centre’ package.

Go could lose Queens Rd in the next round of francishes
(02/01/2023 09:29)Michael Wrote: [ -> ]No it will be yellow...when francising is complete all buses will be yellow

Oh i see, thank you.

Martyn
(27/12/2022 14:52)gka472l Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose it's up to Stagecoach to decide whether to sell the vehicles or keep them and cascade elsewhere......

HTH

if stagecoach sell wigan bus or cascade or transfer to stagecoach depot, how GNW can manage to get new or old from london central or general depot? or how many buses will transfer from go ahead group depot for paint yellow buses to wigan and bolton?

thanks
Martyn
Who owns Wigan Depot?
If Stagecoach own the Wigan depot, they would get a better price for it selling it to a property developer than to another bus operator.
(03/01/2023 09:43)moreton407 Wrote: [ -> ]If Stagecoach own the Wigan depot, they would get a better price for it selling it to a property developer than to another bus operator.

From when it was first mooted, Stagecoach has always opposed the franchising model and fought it in the courts until a judicial review made it clear that it will happen in the TfGM area. I assume that Stagecoach did apply for some, if not all, of the first phase of this process without success and now its continued presence must be in serious doubt.

However, as much as it may like to, I am not so sure that it will be able to sell its Wigan depot to the highest bidder. The change of use of a commercial property to a residential one is fraught with legal difficulties and, apart from anything else, it would require the local authority to grant any developer planning permission which I very much doubt would be granted. Consequently, the property developer/speculator would be left with a bus depot that could only be used as.... a bus depot.
(03/01/2023 10:36)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]From when it was first mooted, Stagecoach has always opposed the franchising model and fought it in the courts until a judicial review made it clear that it will happen in the TfGM area. I assume that Stagecoach did apply for some, if not all, of the first phase of this process without success and now its continued presence must be in serious doubt.

However, as much as it may like to, I am not so sure that it will be able to sell its Wigan depot to the highest bidder. The change of use of a commercial property to a residential one is fraught with legal difficulties and, apart from anything else, it would require the local authority to grant any developer planning permission which I very much doubt would be granted. Consequently, the property developer/speculator would be left with a bus depot that could only be used as.... a bus depot.

Although before Stagecoach acquired First Wigan, that depot was a Volvo premises, for all Volvo commercial vehicles (in fact I seem to recall the Volvo B6BLE's delivered at the start of Arriva Merseyside, 2801 etc, were delivered there first.....).

HTH
(03/01/2023 10:36)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]From when it was first mooted, Stagecoach has always opposed the franchising model and fought it in the courts until a judicial review made it clear that it will happen in the TfGM area. I assume that Stagecoach did apply for some, if not all, of the first phase of this process without success and now its continued presence must be in serious doubt.

Diamond also went to court to try & get it stopped....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Reference URL's