Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Wrightbus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Any News About Wrightbus to be placed here

Wright have announced that a 11.5m Streetlite will be comming soon,with 44 Seats it will be going up against the likes of ADL Enviro300,Optare Tempo SR & Also wrights own Pulser/Eclipse 2.It will be intersting to see if operaters stop buying bigger buses & purchase this

More Info
http://www.wrightbus.com/uploads_documen...t11.5m.pdf
I expect at 11.5M, it'll only be available as door forward otherwise the wheelbase would be ridiculously long!
That's very interesting indeed - the bus itself looks excellent in the pictures in my opinion.
I have to say I'm perplexed as to why they're offering something so similar to their Pulsar design with an equal capacity and low weight chassis... The only real noticeable difference is the 4 cylinder engine as opposed to the 6 cylinder option in the Pulsars and is this narrower than a Pulsar? Be interesting to see how this plays out with regards to orders and future Pulsar production though!

I'd also agree with MX61 in saying that I think it looks good. Not so keen on the wheel forward option but I think DF is really nice on the Streetlite.
By the looks they've already built one, as a demo!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65532931@N0...37207@N23/ - © GARDNER8LXB

It has the 4 main windows before the two masked off windows so going by the drawings that makes it an 11.5M model I think!
(07/06/2012 15:37)buses7675 Wrote: [ -> ]By the looks they've already built one, as a demo!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65532931@N0...37207@N23/ - © GARDNER8LXB

It has the 4 main windows before the two masked off windows so going by the drawings that makes it an 11.5M model I think!

ERZ 2028 is the same one that went to Network Warrington as a demo - it's a 10.8M version Steve Smile
(07/06/2012 14:48)CX54 DKD Wrote: [ -> ]I have to say I'm perplexed as to why they're offering something so similar to their Pulsar design with an equal capacity and low weight chassis... The only real noticeable difference is the 4 cylinder engine as opposed to the 6 cylinder option in the Pulsars and is this narrower than a Pulsar? Be interesting to see how this plays out with regards to orders and future Pulsar production though!

I'd imagine it is just to give Wrightbus a stronger foothold at the top end of the large midibus market sector, bringing it up against the 11.3m ADL Enviro 200 (4 cylinder option) and 11.1m Optare Versa.
It notably brings their product range closer to that of ADL, where the 11.5m Streetlite is competing with the 11.3m Enviro200, while the 11.9m Pulsar is on the level of the 11.8m ADL Enviro300 as light weight single deckers. It also puts their own engineering to the test, building their own chassis, rather than using that of another company, again bringing the company more in-line with the other main UK bus bodybuilders.
I suppose as well, with it being .4m shorter than a Pulsar, that may be desirable for some operators who want something a little shorter but with a higher capacity.
(07/06/2012 15:41)MX61 AWY (3067) Wrote: [ -> ]ERZ 2028 is the same one that went to Network Warrington as a demo - it's a 10.8M version Steve Smile

Thanks for that - I stand corrected Big Grin
(07/06/2012 18:06)CX54 DKD Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose as well, with it being .4m shorter than a Pulsar, that may be desirable for some operators who want something a little shorter but with a higher capacity.

That's very true - plus as well the StreetLite Max is narrower than a Pulsar with a shorter wheelbase so it'll be easier to navigate around country lanes and housing estates but still maintaining the capacity of a standard single decker such as a Pulsar or Enviro300

It's an excellent bus in my opinion - hopefully there will be a demonstrator in the North West sometime soon. It'll be interesting to see if any local operators order any!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Reference URL's