Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva Click Coming To Merseyside
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Whats peoples thoughts on Arriva click coming to merseyside as they reckon by 2019 they whant around a 25 veichle fleet if the trials work out.
(26/06/2018 06:11)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Whats peoples thoughts on Arriva click coming to merseyside as they reckon by 2019 they whant around a 25 veichle fleet if the trials work out.

I think Click is an interesting concept, with great potential if used in areas where traditional services are sparse (or non-existent). I could see it being a real asset in the southern end of the Wirral peninsula for instance.

Have Arriva indicated a target area for trials ?
Ive been told speke will trial it first with about a fleet of 6 due to the airport etc close by , then if it catches on then it will roll out across the rest of the region with a fleet of upto 25 veichles in 2019.
(26/06/2018 10:19)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Ive been told speke will trial it first with about a fleet of 6 due to the airport etc close by , then if it catches on then it will roll out across the rest of the region with a fleet of upto 25 veichles in 2019.

That seems pretty logical. Thanks for the feedback.
Airports, hospitals and out-of-town centres of employment sound like the best sites to serve for this kind of scheme. I think this kind of scheme would be more beneficial in non-PTE areas but then it would probably need subsiding if it was to happen in a non-PTE area.
(26/06/2018 10:25)EDB325 Wrote: [ -> ]That seems pretty logical. Thanks for the feedback.

Anytime pal.
Arriva click seems like the perfect replacement for services like the old Joblink routes, and jaguar factory services.

It would also be quite ideal for schools without school bus services, but outside of commuting hours, I can't really see it catching on widely, unless the fares remain similar to that of regional bus services.
Im guessing the fares will be similar to taxi fares but with the added extra's like wifi , leather seating and extra room.
(26/06/2018 19:34)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]Arriva click seems like the perfect replacement for services like the old Joblink routes, and jaguar factory services.

It would also be quite ideal for schools without school bus services, but outside of commuting hours, I can't really see it catching on widely, unless the fares remain similar to that of regional bus services.

They only run 6am-10pm however
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Reference URL's