Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Manchester International Airport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Manchester Airport will "probably run out of fuel" by 18:00 BST, a spokesman has said.

The airport said there was a "short-term" aviation fuel supply problem from the Essar refinery at Stanlow near Ellesmere Port.

An airport spokesman said the shortage would affect some flights until at least midnight.

A spokesman for the refinery said: "There have been some production issues which we are trying to put right."

The airport, which uses about three million litres of airline fuel a day, said it would be the first time it had run out of fuel.
As I'm not flying this evening that amuses me - apparently no deliveries before the morning.
(06/06/2012 19:28)SNL 824 Wrote: [ -> ]As I'm not flying this evening that amuses me - apparently no deliveries before the morning.

No flights in/out MIA between 00:00 (Midnight) and 06:00 so got 12 hours to sort ready for tomorow morning's 6 o'clock start-up.
(06/06/2012 19:48)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06/06/2012 19:28)SNL 824 Wrote: [ -> ]As I'm not flying this evening that amuses me - apparently no deliveries before the morning.

No flights in/out MIA between 00:00 (Midnight) and 06:00 so got 12 hours to sort ready for tomorow morning's 6 o'clock start-up.

According to the BBC no cancellations tonight, but there may be some delays early tomorrow morning.
Here is the latest update;

MIA Fuel Situation
does anyone know what cargo airlines operate to liverpool and any new coming to manchester
507 mad

There are a number of regular cargo services at Manchester. Liverpool can handle cargo as it is approved by HM Customs but movements tend to only be on an 'as required' basis. I am sure there is an interest in establishing regular movements and indeed the Masrerplan includes development of further cargo facilities if there is the demand.

See posting on Liverpool John Lennon thread regarding opportunity to find our more.
LPL Used to have the IOM Mail and Paper flights in the early hours plus liege but that stopped once the lovely electras stopped flying
Manchester Airport Group has tonight bought Stansted Airport.

Yet another airport under the Manchester Airport umbrella .
(18/01/2013 22:15)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Manchester Airport Group has tonight bought Stansted Airport.

Yet another airport under the Manchester Airport umbrella .

It would be nice if an airline such as EasyJet ran a direct flight from Stansted to Manchester. I doubt any such service will start soon as the Gatwick-Manchester service (from BA) is soon to cease, and a proposed link from Luton to Manchester by an airline called Now Airlines about 10 years ago never got off the ground (no pun intended!).
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's