Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Sale of Local Authority bus companies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I do not wish to become embroiled into the rights and wrongs concerning the loan from Warrington Council to Network Warrington, however, I would respectfully suggest that people on this site refrain from castigating RSTurbo50 for giving his views and opinions. He and I have not always agreed on everything concerning Network Warrington but I think its time members of this site gave the man a break. I fully believe that those people concerned, if they are that interested, should pose the questions regarding the loan directly to Warrington Borough Council instead of giving a driver employed by Network Warrington such a hard time.
Comments being made are not personal in regards to any member, let's not make something of nothing because a discussion involving differing views is taking place.
It's all opinions and views at the end of the day people, it's never ever personal and I don't take others views personal either.

It's always interesting to discuss ongoing matters...

Merry Christmas to all
Im not having a go at RS as i understand that theres only certain things he can and cant say due to working for the company and dont aim anything at him directly just because he works there its just questions where asking as he would have more of an insight into the company than others and thats why i said if network warrington or the council put something on there website it would squash any rumours that are going round .

Merry Christmas to you too RsTurbo50 hope you have a good one and to all other members too.
The information about the loan wasn't and isn't rumour it's fact. It was revealed at a public council meeting last year, although the amount wasn't disclosed. Then came the fare hikes and it was widly suggested that one of the reasons for the rises was because Warrington council had called in the loan early due to the first round of budget cuts by the coalition government.
No one is spreading rumours it's fact that NW took out a loan from the council, the amount and what it was for are speciation!

RS Turbo is a top fella and I've spoken to him off group several times he's a credit to the forum but it's his own choice to speak out and defend NW he obviously holds his employer in high regard which we all do to some extent but nobody is suggesting a sale or takeover of NW is imminent but it's a possibility, just like Halton or Rossendale COULD be sold.

As Dentonian rightly has pointed out in the past. It's illegal for a service or journeys to run at a loss so presumably if these services that NW operate that carry only a few passengers are commercial they must be making money otherwise why would they operate them. If there run with a subsidy then it shouldn't bother NW whether they carry a handful of passengers or a bus full!
Moving onto Halton Transport...iv heard that they have really turned things around there which is great and a strong rumour that Stagecoach are looking to buy. Again nothing concrete but would make sense being on liverpools doorstep.
Who would they operate as, Stagecoach Chester and Wirral or Stagecoach South Lancs and Merseyside? Would there be legal stuff they'd have to change? i.e change name to Stagecoach North West
Would operate with Glenvale discs so would be Merseyside, Cheshire & South Lancashire still. Given that Halton is now part of Merseyside as well there wiuld be no need to add anything else to it. And im sure Stagecoach North West already exists in North Lancashire and the Lakes.
(20/12/2015 21:04)PO59 MXJ Wrote: [ -> ]Would operate with Glenvale discs so would be Merseyside, Cheshire & South Lancashire still. Given that Halton is now part of Merseyside as well there wiuld be no need to add anything else to it. And im sure Stagecoach North West already exists in North Lancashire and the Lakes.

I didn't know if it was Widnes or Runcorn, Widnes being part of merseyside and runcorn part of cheshire
Stagecoach North West did exist before the present structure and covered the area from Chorley/Preston to Carlisle. Lancaster - Carlisle area is now Cumbria & North Lancashire.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's